Re: American dialect of Brithenig

On Wed, 28 Jul 1999, Padraic Brown wrote:

> That would more or less be my guess, though probably nominally Mexican: No
> Louisiana Purchase (no US to buy it, Colonies look East, not West).
Unless during the Napoleonic wars the colonial Governors order troops into
French-speaking Louisiana to prevent Boney from causing trouble on their
back doorstep.  Populationwise, at the time, the League could have easily
swamped Louisiana without any trouble.  Holding it would be problematic,
especially the Great Plains area.  Sure as anything, the bombscare we saw
happening in Philadelphia last night on the news was caused by the Cajun
Republican Army...

- andrew.
--
Andrew Smith, Intheologus 			hobbit@earthlight.co.nz

	Lo! thy dread empire, Chaos! is restored;
	Light dies before thy uncreating word:
	Thy hand, great Anarch! lets the curtain fall;
	And Universal Darkness buries All.
			- Alexander Pope, The Dunciad, Book IV.