Re: [conculture] Very Strange

From: Nik Taylor <fortytwo@ufl.edu>

andrew wrote:
> I found it at a website that described naming practices around the world
> and I noted it down as what happened in Wales.

Maybe that was a general Celtic thing, then?  I just came across it in a
book on Scottish customs.

--
"[H]e axed after eggys: And the goode wyf answerde, that she coude not
speke no Frenshe ... And then at last a nother sayd that he woulde haue

Congratulations DALMATIANRESCUE. Our latest ONElist of the week.
To see full story and submit YOUR ONElist story, go to
http://www.onelist.com/info/ootw_19.html