Re: [conculture] Very Strange

From: andrew <hobbit@mail.earthlight.co.nz>

On Thu, 29 Jul 1999, Nik Taylor wrote:

> I believe Scotland once had a very similar tradition, yes?  Is that
> where you borrowed it from?

I found it at a website that described naming practices around the world
and I noted it down as what happened in Wales.  I still have a list of
translated medieval eke-names for Welsh that I have to adapt to be posted
as native Brithenig surnames.  Research into Brithenig names happens
slowly.  The only new one I discovered recently was Arienrhod, 'silver
wheel'.

I don't think I have keep the address for that sight though.

- andrew.
--
Andrew Smith, Intheologus 			hobbit@earthlight.co.nz

	Lo! thy dread empire, Chaos! is restored;
	Light dies before thy uncreating word:
	Thy hand, great Anarch! lets the curtain fall;
	And Universal Darkness buries All.
			- Alexander Pope, The Dunciad, Book IV.

Congratulations DALMATIANRESCUE. Our latest ONElist of the week.
To see full story and submit YOUR ONElist story, go to
http://www.onelist.com/info/ootw_19.html