Re: American dialect of Brithenig

andrew wrote:

> On Wed, 28 Jul 1999, Padraic Brown wrote:
>
> > That would more or less be my guess, though probably nominally Mexican: No
> > Louisiana Purchase (no US to buy it, Colonies look East, not West).

So, do you take the world of colonized America up to the twentieth
century?
If so, what does that world look like?  I presume that the development
of
technology has been slightly different?  Are there computers and
corporate
businesses in this world?  Airlines?  Nuclear warfare?   Who dwells in
"California," whatever its name is?  What is the East Coast like?
Are there movies?  Imagine that!  Movies in Brithenig!!!

I had thought the world of Brithenig stayed in the realm of the
premodern,
but I guess I'm only just now waking up.  What about Britain, and all
the
same questions posed above?  I'm fascinated.

Sally
SALLY CAVES
scaves@frontiernet.net
http://www.frontiernet.net/~scaves (bragpage)