Re: Some suggestions

Andrew Fferreir yscrifef:

> Brithenig voices final stops consistantly where it was followed by a vowel
> which was later lost.  This works happily for *brittanicu, brittanica >
> brithenig, but is problematic for pacem, felicem > pag, ffelig where the
> final -g should be affricate.

What's wrong with leaving these ambiguous?  You just gotta know how
to pronounce final -g, -c, that's all!  (Of course, Bloody Foreigners
tend to pronounce them all as stops, unless they have small Latine
enough to know what the now-lost final vowel was.)

On both this point and the indefinite plurals, I see a tendency
for auxlang/loglang worries about ambiguity to leak in.  ArtRealityLangs
like B. should revel in ambiguity, just as natlangs do.

> Although I had looked at Catalan several times I never thought of using
> -gh as a final hard cluster!  This would mean we now speak Brithenigh -
> can we live with that?

No, no, never.  Utterly barbarous and un-Comroig (un-Comroigh?
*shudder*).

> I'm not sure about adapting -cg into Brithenigh.

Equally barbarous and un-Romance.