Re: The Brzhona.

On Thu, 25 Jun 1998, Frank George Valoczy wrote:

> On Thu, 25 Jun 1998, Raymond A. Brown wrote:
>

> > >Having had that little taste of self-rule, they didn't particularly like
> > >being ruled over by the French, who didn't really treat them all that well
> > >either, so they took off to somewhere new.
> >
> > I must confess I haven't read the 'alternate history' closely, but *here*
> > Britanny wasn't finally brought under centralized French control until the
> > Revolutionaries closed down the Breton parliament.
>
> Shall we say that that had happened?

If the French Revolution *there* unfolded with the same particulars as
*here* and with the same ideologies, etc.; then this scenario seems
possible.  I put forward the possibility of a union between Britany and
Kemr -- the one _is_ a colony after all! -- which would dampen things a
bit for the French.  [If this becomes official!]  In any event, the
Brzhona should have moved off to the Low Countries long before the French
could grasp them with their greedy little claws.  This would leave them at
the mercy of the nascent Dutch; leaving those that remain in Britany to
contend with the French, whichever way they may be oriented with respect
to the Motherland.

> > >dl = I can't remember what it's called, but it's a "d" and an "l"
> > >   articulated simultaneously
> >
> > Been trying to make this sound!  Is it a voiced lateral affricate?
>
> I dunno <shrug>.

Well you discovered it!  I think I understand where you're going with the
description, though.

Padraic.