Re: Webpage changes. (fwd)

At 11:56 am -0400 22/5/98, Sally Caves wrote:
[....]
>What's the old expression in Welsh?  Raymond might know it...
>
>Iechyd da, a @^%@$ pob saes.  Good Health, and b****r every Englishman.
>It's the obscene word that I of course forget, and it's not in the
>Geiriadur Mawr!

Mae'n ddrwg gyda fi - wn i mo'r gair.

My only drinking has been drinking pubs in Gwent & I guess that area is
probably too anglicized for such expressions.  A former colleague of mine
who was learning Welsh complained about its dearth of sware-words -
"They're all to do either with sex or religion!" she complained.  (Thinks:
Is English so different in this regard?)

Anyway why I know the odd vulgarity (i.e. taboo word), my knowledge of
Welsh profanities is practically nil.  Sorry  ;-)

Ray.

Written in Net English        Humor not necessarily marked