Re: Webpage changes. (fwd)

On Mon, 18 May 1998, Padraic Brown wrote:

> Speaking of the Bloody Saxon, does Brithenig have a word that conveys this
> idea of 'bloody'?

Dictionaries tend to be coy about these kinds of words.  I don't know what
Welsh does for profanities but looking at Romance languages I conclude
that Brithenig speakers refer to the English as ill Saeson Maldith or ill
Saeson Ffuded.  The second is stronger.

- andrew.

Andrew Smith                                  <hobbit@earthlight.co.nz>

MAN, despite his artistic pretensions, his sophistication, and his many
accomplishments; still owes his existence to a six-inch layer of topsoil
and the fact that it rains.
							   - Anonymous