Bloody Saxons (was: Webpage changes)

Andrew Fferreir yscrifef:

> On Mon, 18 May 1998, Padraic Brown wrote:
>
> > Speaking of the Bloody Saxon, does Brithenig have a word that conveys this
> > idea of 'bloody'?
> >
> Dictionaries tend to be coy about these kinds of words.  I don't know what
> Welsh does for profanities but looking at Romance languages I conclude
> that Brithenig speakers refer to the English as ill Saeson Maldith or ill
> Saeson Ffuded.

Oh, so "bloody" in "Bloody Saxons" is interpreted as a mere profanity?
I had read it quite literally as "men of blood, manslayers", with
reference to the tendency of Norman/English law to hang people for
everything in sight, as opposed to the Welsh (and *a fortiori*, Kemrese)
practice of money composition.

(Of course, my dialect of English, being a bit archaic, retains the
14th-century "goddam" as the profanity-of-all-work, and doesn't use
"bloody" in any sense but the literal.)