Re: Webpage changes. (fwd)

On Fri, 22 May 1998, Raymond A. Brown wrote:

> At 11:56 am -0400 22/5/98, Sally Caves wrote:
> [....]
> >What's the old expression in Welsh?  Raymond might know it...
> >
> >Iechyd da, a @^%@$ pob saes.  Good Health, and b****r every Englishman.
> >It's the obscene word that I of course forget, and it's not in the
> >Geiriadur Mawr!

The Welsh Academy English-Welsh dictionary is very concise and gives
bygro for bugger.  It is very idiomatic in translating phrases with the
B-word but any dictionary I can find is coy about giving translations of
these words.

The Brithenig expression is:

Bon sandad e wath cun pab saeson in ill cul!

A bit strong...

Bon sandad e a'll diawl cun pab saeson!

...is milder.

- andrew.

Andrew Smith                                  <hobbit@earthlight.co.nz>

MAN, despite his artistic pretensions, his sophistication, and his many
accomplishments; still owes his existence to a six-inch layer of topsoil
and the fact that it rains.
							   - Anonymous