Re: Daleks from Cambria

On Thu, 30 Apr 1998, Andrew Smith wrote:

> I take note of where Brithenig speakers drop the mutations.  Some I
> correct, others I correct the grammar.  I'm still trying to figure out why
> Padrig consistantly uses spirant mutation instead of soft - must be his
> Kernu accent (Sorry Padraic!)

Most likely; I can't think of many examples of softening in Kernu, except
the 3rd.sing.fem. of verbs.  Everything else is spirant and nasalisation;
with a dash of hardening.  Besides, when writing Brithenig, I have enough
trouble _not_ putting in too many Kernu words.  (And remembering to chop
off bits at the end, don't put endings on verbs, don't put endings on
nouns, put the verb after the subject and not the object...ui mi!)
[Bloody Mistarista! ;-) ]

> I think in colloquial Brithenig culpa survives as colff.  It should be in
> the lexicon.
>
> - andrew.
>
> Andrew Smith                                  <hobbit@earthlight.co.nz>
>
> MAN, despite his artistic pretensions, his sophistication, and his many
> accomplishments; still owes his existence to a six-inch layer of topsoil
> and the fact that it rains.
> 							   - Anonymous

Padraic.