Re: That was quick!

On Fri, 24 Apr 1998, John Schilke wrote:

> On Fri, 24 Apr 1998, Padraic Brown wrote:
> > I haven't heard of a paper copy of a Brithenig Grammar yet;
> > if Andrew is working on one then I would gladly exchange a (new and
> > improved 3rd edition) of the Kernu grammar for it.  [Yours shall be on the
> > way presently, Sally; I realised that a lot was left out of the previous
> > book.  There are no teach yourself tapes, however. ;-) ]
>
> Padraic,
> 	Is there any material which IS available?  I have none and would
> very much like to be able to be au courant  with the language (B) as it
> is thus far?  I'd be happy to pay costs.
> 	Thanks -- diolch; gura mie eu,
> 	John

a Jhowan:

What I have is the following:

1. A _very skeletal_ sketch of a Brithenig Grammar (Bickerson's New
Brithenig Grammar).  Currently its about five months out of date.  So
much has changed since then, I would not want to send a copy to you for
fear of giving you blatantly incorrect information.  When I'm done with
revising the Kernu grammar (see no. 4), I'll start work on this again.

2.  A Brithenig-Saesoin / English-Cambrian lexicon.  Every now and again I
peruse the Page of Brithenig, and when it looks like Andrew has added new
words (or has sneakily changed word forms on me!) or when John C. graces
us with new vocabulary, I print the thing out, compare the two and add the
new words.  I have the intention of doing this today, for example.

3.  A couple of texts that I have written in Brithenig, kindly corrected
by Andrew.

As far as Brithenig is concerned, I don't have anything (apart from # 3)
that you can't get from the website.  The format is slightly different,
however.  However, if you can't get to the site, or if you'd really prefer
the paper lexicon, I'd be happy to send it to you.

4.  A Kernu grammar/reader/lexicon.  It's fairly compleat, and I think
well setup.  The lexicon is lagging a bit, but the rest is as up-to-date
as five minutes ago.

So, I'll make the offer open to any and all: I'll send any or all of the
above to any of you that want them.  The only cost I would dare demand is
the cost of shipping; as the rest is a labour of love.  (And that's
_really_ cutting me own throat!!)

Padrig.