Re: Migration to new Celticonlang list?

il di le wenoer (aprils le 24), Jowan 'ap Jowan cist ruasot:

On Fri, 24 Apr 1998, John Cowan wrote:

> I hereby propose for the membership's approval (or disapproval)
> that we migrate forthwith to the newly established Celticonlang
> list.  It is true that the lists's charter is not limited to the
> Brithenig Universe, but if we establish ourselves en bloc (and
> we are now eight strong!) on that list and shift our threads there,
> we will in effect take it over.

> Ke gos crędde'gw?
> (What do y'all think?)

Ke gredd eo:

The idea of Celticonlang list is nice, but it is public.  Some of the
things that have been written here are rather more private than I think
ought be on a public forum.  In other words, if I say something dumb or
perhaps get into a heated argument here, or make a semi-private
announcement of some sort, it stays here, amongst the eight of us.  What
we've got here is a nice cozy place to muck about with the Brithenig
Universe; I'm not entirely certain I'd like to see that placed out into the
middle of a field for any Jocko-me-lad to stop by and stare at.

Note that I like the idea of a Celticonlang list as an open forum, like
Conlang, where we can troll the deeper waters for ideas and criticisms;
but I doubt the wisdom of throwing aside what we've got here.

I suppose that counts as a vote _for_ commandeering Celticonlang, for its
purposes; but _against_ scuttling the current forum.

mew -/2.

> --
> John Cowan	http://www.ccil.org/~cowan		cowan@ccil.org
> 	You tollerday donsk?  N.  You tolkatiff scowegian?  Nn.
> 	You spigotty anglease?  Nnn.  You phonio saxo?  Nnnn.
> 		Clear all so!  'Tis a Jute.... (FW 16.5)

Padraic.