Re: A certain town in Kemr...

On Fri, 3 Apr 1998, John Cowan wrote:

> I want to argue that although it was "cawern" in OB, that it was
> remodeled under English influence in NB, accounting for the irregular
> form.  This is analogous to the way "altus" became "hault" in Old French
> (NF "haut", where "h" is silent but blocks liaison), picking up
> the initial "h" from Germanic.

I can accept this.  All conlangers make transconsistancy to be a virtue.
The amount of times I have worked back from an error in Brithenig to make
it fit in to what we know about the language et al - classic being Kemr
is a kingdom but technically still called a Principality.

So welcome to
> Pluifairllagunblancoryllentiostillrhebiddgurypluitysiliocafurnrys

- andrew.

Andrew Smith                                  <hobbit@earthlight.co.nz>
Life is short, so am I...