Re: update

On Tue, 27 Jul 1999, andrew wrote:

> > If you're after inserting Brithenig dialect words into the lexicon, I've
> > found three: a preposition, "ar", meaning above, on top; a verb,
> > "dicalar", meaning to fear; and a noun, "ill sencadech" meaning a silly or
> > humerous story.  They are found primarily along the Severn in the vicinity
> > of Castreleon.
> >
> Hmmm.  I'm cautious on 'canonizing' dialectal variation especially that
> close to the standard dialect.

Then at least you'll have them for whatever auxilliary files you keep.
Note that these are not words spoken in "dialects", but local vocabulary
items found in the Brithenig area where distinct dialects were once
spoken. Their usage is not widespread, to say the least.

> > Is the map still amongst the 'must-do' things?  Dare I ask about my
> > translation of oh so long ago? :)
> >
> The map is tucked away on a shelf where I can see it reminding me that I
> promised to pick up some acetates to overwrite it.  Your translation
> should certainly be kickstarted back off the backburner where I left it
> and worked on.  (It's only slightly scorched!)  My own slushpile of
> translation-work distracted me.  And I should get onto the lexicon update.

:)

> Sigh, that artlang I have just started based on church latin will just
> have to wait a few more days!

Why put off to tomorrow what you can reasonably put off indefinitely? ;)

Padraic.