Translation Relay Results: Kernu.

Here is Carlos's Draseléq version:

Harav limârth bur hales nan büntth.
Lift älan afkuórtotek etmes paol.
Rin dhügon satrát uir baisbramrür nainn.
Üodel navek dùqadh hales nanvar ke tadh?

And the Kernu translation in a modern poetic form called, well I forget
what it's called, but has only nouns the poetic rhythm of which is found
in the variation of case within each line.  What won't Bards think up
next?

y h-uchelcoises in ceint le tenne
li peidn l'ardhea im mys la munzien
y ghreidhes li uesvri in guthlych l'alodea
la canta 'na oreil lor ndeuor?

Glosses, as Christophe received them:

alodea = gentle songbird
ardhea = a kind of long necked, long legged wading bird
canta (DAT, ceint) = song, sung speech, sung prayer, sung history
dews, dewa (GEN, deuor) = celestial being, god, goddess, hearer of prayers
greidh (ACC, ghreidhes) = thanks, praise
guthluccos (DAT, guthlych) = voice place, neck, throat
im, in = prep: in
l', la, le = art: of the
li = art: at the, to the, of the
lor = art: of the
munziú (ACC, munzien) = verbal noun: cleaning, purifying, laving,
        baptising
musa (DAT, mys) = dew, mist
'na = prep + art: in the
orels (DAT, oreil) = auditory appendage, ear, organ of hearing
pedna (DAT, peidn) = feather, coat of feathers, plumage, boa
tena (ACC, tenne) = diminutive avian animal, small nonpredatory bird
uchelcosa = high thing, esoteric topic or utterance, important speech
uesvoers (DAT, uesvri) = the Evenstar, the night sky
y = art: the

[Christophe didn't receive an English translation (or even an
interlinear), so had to do a Real Translator's (TM) job.  He did get a
grammar sketch, the poem as above, and interlinear notes telling him what
cases the nouns were in.  I was merciful in not giving him any verbs to
deal with. :^) ]

Which roughly translates as:

High things in song of bird
for coat of heron in dew a bathing
praises for night-sky in throat of lark
[this] hymn in ear of gods?

(It was still a question when I got it!)

Padraic.