Re: [conculture] Rasism and xenophoby

From: Andrew Smith <hobbit@mail.earthlight.co.nz>

On Mon, 31 May 1999, Padraic Brown wrote:

> > Many Chomro are concerned about the number of English speakers in their
> > country.  There have always been two or three communities in Cambria where
>
> Bloody Saxons...mumble mumble.

I was wondering when you were going to reply.

Found the details.  The English speaking communities of Glew, Coron,
Gwrigon and Sorbaduns are as old as Kemrese history itself.  No doubt only
a handful of words from their unique dialect has survived the flood of
English immigration over the last 200 years or so.  Not that most comroig
chauvinists take note.

> Lies!  Government Propaganda!  The Comro shall rise up and drive the
> bloody Saxon from their shores!  Then it'll be up the long ladder and hi
> for the good old days!!

Now that's a phrase I must get around to translating.

> Bah.  Who can worry about a few blacks or Maori when the Saxon lovers up
> in Caerleon coddle to the Foreigner?

The fact that English speaking blacks outnumber the Brithenig speaking
ones (Two bigotries for the price of one!)  Also Castreleon itself has
several mosques, temples, a gurdwara, and curry restaurants while the
number of churches is declining....

- andrew.

Andrew Smith, Intheologus 			hobbit@earthlight.co.nz

"Orcs eat Hummers."