Re: [conculture] Who is Here?

From: Andrew Smith <hobbit@mail.earthlight.co.nz>

On Fri, 28 May 1999, Padraic Brown wrote:

> Speaking of this, did you land the part?  Or was your Orckish not
> Cockneyed enough?

I'm sure they are going to tell me eventually!

> Didn't the IE feminine develop from the neuter or inanimate or some such?

It seemed to develop from a particular ending -h, which had no gender
meaning in PIE, and Hittite, at all.

> Here's one you can add to the list: the map of Kemr is about done, and
> will be sent along shortly.  It's not too awful detailed, but then I'm no
> cartographer.  It's got the Known Cities (mostly in the South), main
> railways (only in the South), main roads, bodies of water, hills (none
> named yet), known boundaries, the three known aerodromes (Heathrow,
> Martinsgate and an unnamed Royal Air Services base), and a few place
> names.  So you can while away the hours filling in the blanks!

I bought a second hand copy of a map of Roman Britain earlier this year.
It gave me a list of new names to add to my gazateer so I can while away
time including those name north of the Limestone Hills.

- andrew.

Andrew Smith, Intheologus 			hobbit@earthlight.co.nz

"Orcs eat Hummers."
			- Old Orc Saying.