Re: [conculture] Who is Here?

From: Padraic Brown <pbrown@polaris.umuc.edu>

On Fri, 28 May 1999, Andrew Smith wrote:

> From: Andrew Smith <hobbit@mail.earthlight.co.nz>
>
> The LotR movies going on has got me thinking about a goblin language.

Speaking of this, did you land the part?  Or was your Orckish not
Cockneyed enough?

> Details sometimes keep coming to me every so often: nouns inflected for a
> hierarchy of profanity; deliberate amalgamation of the feminine with the
> neuter as a sexist bias; a belief that they were created by God
> (feminine-neuter) to be opposed to it.

Didn't the IE feminine develop from the neuter or inanimate or some such?

> Before then I want to catch up on translations into Brithenig.  There
> seems to be an indundation on the other list!

Here's one you can add to the list: the map of Kemr is about done, and
will be sent along shortly.  It's not too awful detailed, but then I'm no
cartographer.  It's got the Known Cities (mostly in the South), main
railways (only in the South), main roads, bodies of water, hills (none
named yet), known boundaries, the three known aerodromes (Heathrow,
Martinsgate and an unnamed Royal Air Services base), and a few place
names.  So you can while away the hours filling in the blanks!

Padraic.