[conculture] Re: Kemrese Church possibilities

From: Andrew Smith <hobbit@mail.earthlight.co.nz>

On Fri, 23 Apr 1999, Padraic Brown wrote:

> Indeed, and it's still a healthy thread; though perhaps not too usefull
> for us.  Currently, they have Celtic Christianity everywhere from North
> America to Norway and on down to northern mainland Europe; some putting
> it as far south as Switzerland and including France.

Although a celtic saint founded Saint Gall in Switzerland, even *there* I
think it's unlikely to remain a celtic institution.  Missionaries to
Northern Europe might mean that Cambriese Rite churches might coexist
beside Roman Rite churches.  In Scandanavia up until the Reformation,
possibly into the modern period in parts of the Low Countries and Germany.

I don't know if the conversion of the Vinlanders *there* would have made
any differnce.  History *there* works on the theory that Columbus'
discovery of the New World was still crucial.

- andrew.

Andrew Smith, Intheologus 			hobbit@earthlight.co.nz

"Break someone's leg."
			- Old Orc Saying.