Re: Lexicons and Langauge Borrowing

On Wed, 17 Mar 1999, John Cowan wrote:

> Padraic Brown wrote:
>
> > Ah, you're looking at what seems to be an older version.  I see:
>
> Oho.  I bookmarked the old monolithic page (.../brithenig.html)
> directly, so I haven't been to Andrew's top page
> at http://www.earthlight.co.nz/~andrew in some time.
> He has now broken the Brithenig page up into several chunks, and
> evidently has upgraded his transdimensional viewing machine as well.

It's been this way for some time now (a month anyway?); but apparently
some unanounced updating has been going on.  I know there are gobs of new
words in the lexicon, for example.

> So evidently "Principtad" is out and "Rheon" (kingdom) is in...
> of course that doesn't have to affect Kernu any.

Probably won't for a good long while any way.  Besides, it's just a name;
"prenceptats" doesn't really _mean_ anything in Kernu.  It's just so many
ungothroughsomely foreign letters all queued up.

Padraic.