Re: constructed romance languages

On Tue, 19 Jan 1999, Daniel J. O'Neil wrote:

> Where can I find more information about Kernu? As one who has studied
> several romance languages, I was immediately intrigued and am eager to
> learn more about your conlang.
>
> Has anyone else on this list created constructed romance languages? I've
> already seen Brithenig (which I love).

Kernu is Brithenig's sister language and a lovely piece of work in its own
right.  The Celtic-Romance family also includes Brzhoneg, designed by
Frank Valoczy and Breathanach, a Goidelic romance language designed by
Geoff King.  Breathanach has its own webpage.

Frank also has a page on the net for Neo-Dalmatian.  Although it's
incomplete it has me chewing at the furniture everytime I look at it.
It's a "Gee, I wish I thought of that language" language.  Yes, it's one I
would like to play with.

Philip Jonson admitted to a romance language he had created, but he hasn't
let on to anymore than its name.

That's all the Romance languages that I can think offhand that are active
on this list.

- andrew.

Andrew Smith, Intheologus                       hobbit@earthlight.co.nz
Q. Why are there so many Smiths in the Phone Book?
A. Because they all have telephones!