[conculture] Re: New data point for Brithenig time line

From: John Cowan <cowan@locke.ccil.org>

Andrew Smith wrote:

> Stratford-upon-Avon lies on the bordermarches
> between Kemr and England, so I can't say at this point whether Bardd lla
> Afon existed as a playwright - perhaps he was a soldier on the border.

Humph.  I think he existed, and went to London --- but he was probably
bilingual, like most borderers.

> Even if he did exist, the Folio would have been different because of the
> changes in the timeline.

AFAIK only _Henry VIII_ disappears from the canon, and it's a marginal
play anyway --- Shakespeare probably wrote only part of it, or
perhaps heavily revised someone else's play.  There
is no reason why his company shouldn't have acquired James II/VI
(James I *here*) as its patron after his coronation.

Of course the Elizabethan Age becomes the Jacobian Age.