Re: Submitted for your approval...

On Sat, 16 Jan 1999, Padraic Brown wrote:

> Sorry, I can only find the Celticonlang list address:
> address.
I will do a search, I think I have seen it on the web.

          Also, appologies to your mum...I neglected to remove her address
> from the Sessiwn when you returned home.  But the problem has now been
> corrected.
I'm sure she will be forgiving.

> > > Eo ai yn afan noig subr lla mor; mari mari dictum domini.
> > I have a ?having-done sail/? on the sea; (lla for)
> I have a love sails on the sea.  or do we not use pres. parts. in this
> way?

I shall pound my head for overlooking afar!  I mustn't have it on the
lexicon webpages.  I thought you might have been using gafar, it didn't
look like afer to me.

Probably I would suggest afant for lover, I think some continental
languages have amanto, the -n ending as a nominal agent seems unusual for
me, -nt more normal.  There is also afur for love, Iewan would also add
afor which happens between animals.

> > Gave me a ?????, bone has not;
> a dove (or a saint ;-) )

mb simplifies to m but doesn't soften.

- andrew.

Andrew Smith, Intheologus 			hobbit@earthlight.co.nz
Q. Why are there so many Smiths in the Phone Book?
A. Because they all have telephones!