Re: Kemrese Philately II

On Tue, 15 Sep 1998, Andrew Smith wrote:

> I think the relationship between a Zeppelin and an aeroplane would be more
> that between a jet boat and a hovercraft rather than a jet boat and the
> Queen Mary.  Works in the element but has radically different design
> specifications.

A good way of looking at it.

> And as for the Law of Hywel there is one vote for retaining the name and
> one vote for not naming it after the actor Hywel Shelley.  I'll wait until
> I can find an appropiate etymology to adapt the name into Brithenig then I
> can start looking into the equivalent of Hywel Dda *there*.  As I look to
> be heading back to my usual haunts in Dunedin - and its well-stocked
> University library - next week I might have better luck there.

Well, living in a country that routinely elects actors and buffoons of all
sorts to high office; I think we ought not name any law after an actor.
And I am unanimous in that.  As far as retaining the name:  the Dda bit
ought to remain in any event, as it would, when properly transmogrified
into Brithenig, make a good "title word" for kings &c., rather than using
bon.

Padraic.