Re: Kemrese Philately II

Just for the record David's surname is a Cornish contraction of the proper
name Julian.  I know this because I have know him for some years in
snailreality and he has told me.  So I suppose Iol or Giol would be close
enough in Brithenig.  Kernu speakers will just have to fight it out.

He also got the reference to a joke that hasn't been heard since the
marriage of Charles and Diana, although I did get it wrong.  It originally
went If Diana married Captain Mark Philips, they would be known as Marks
and Sparks.  Captain Mark Philips being at that time the husband of
Princess Anne.  Marks and Sparks I understand to be a nickname for a famous
shop in London.

Alright, so it wasn't very funny the first time around either!

And I don't know what the Kemrese land title system is like either.

I think the relationship between a Zeppelin and an aeroplane would be more
that between a jet boat and a hovercraft rather than a jet boat and the
Queen Mary.  Works in the element but has radically different design
specifications.

And as for the Law of Hywel there is one vote for retaining the name and
one vote for not naming it after the actor Hywel Shelley.  I'll wait until
I can find an appropiate etymology to adapt the name into Brithenig then I
can start looking into the equivalent of Hywel Dda *there*.  As I look to
be heading back to my usual haunts in Dunedin - and its well-stocked
University library - next week I might have better luck there.

And I'll let people know when I'm changing from smiff back to hobbit for my
mailto address.

- andrew.