The House of Stuart

Andrew Fferreir yscrifef:

> >I don't think MQS exists *there*; surely Mary I Tudor did not (we've
> >eliminated the Tudors at least as a royal family).
> >
> Mary, Queen of Scots, was a Stuart, the daughter of James V and Mary of
> Guise, so there she would be queen of England and Scotland, though I would
> doubt that her erratic behaviour would be tolerated by the twin
> parliaments.  She was no Elizabeth or even a Bloody Mary.

You're right.  Mary of England and Scotland held the throne after
the death of her father James I/V, but was forced to abdicate in
favor of her son James in 1567.  *There* she did not rebel, and was
(obviously) not executed, but went into retirement in Scotland.

BTW, the Jameses of England are one number higher *there*, a point
I've been forgetting about.  The Stuart line *there* is:

	... lots of Stuarts ...
	James IV of Scotland (1472-1533; *here* died 1513)
	James I of England and V of Scotland (1512-1560; *here* died 1542)
	Mary (1542-1570; abdicated 1567)
	James II/VI (1566-1625; James I *here*)
	Charles I (1600-1649; executed *here*)
	Charles II (1630-1685)
	James III/VII (1633-1701; brother of Charles II)
	James IV/VIII (1688-1766; the "Old Pretender" *here*)
	Charles III (1720-1788; the "Young Pretender"/"Bonnie Prince Charlie" *here*)
	Henry VII (1725-1807; the "Cardinal King" *here*)

> As for what happened to the Tudor family - that depends on whether a Owen
> Tudor married Catherine, the widow of Henry V.  The Tudors *there* deserve
> some investigation.

Probably he did, but his descendants never came to power, unless
there was a later marriage into one of the royal lines.

> Padraic has suggested to me that the grammar needs a description on
> reflexive nouns in Brithenig.  Suggestions welcome.

What are reflexive nouns?  I know reflexive verbs and pronouns.

> We have also been discussing the role of the Cos Nustr/Chois Nustoer in
> Kemrese society - but I'll let him speak on that.

Spill, spill!