Re: North American affairs

>As in decided.  But the HB Co. was a trading, not a colonizing,
>organization.

there in lies the difference.  Rupert's Land was never seriously settled as
a British colony.
>> What about Jacobia?
>
>Correct.  Georgia was settled in 1733, which *there* was during
>the reign of King James III/VII, so "Jacobia" it is.

That solves that problem.  So Georgia in the CIS is short for Saint
George's Land, I always wondered how that adapted from Sakartvelo!

>I don't think MQS exists *there*; surely Mary I Tudor did not (we've
>eliminated the Tudors at least as a royal family).

Mary, Queen of Scots, was a Stuart, the daughter of James V and Mary of
Guise, so there she would be queen of England and Scotland, though I would
doubt that her erratic behaviour would be tolerated by the twin
parliaments.  She was no Elizabeth or even a Bloody Mary.

As for what happened to the Tudor family - that depends on whether a Owen
Tudor married Catherine, the widow of Henry V.  The Tudors *there* deserve
some investigation.

>> So in the early C19 the Atlantic seacoast is divided between Canada in the
>> North and the American League in the south.
>
>Well, not really, since the Maritimes are part of the League.

That puts an interesting spin on history!

While we are about it I should keep people abreast of thoughts and
suggestions to keep this list turning over:

The Union of the Kernow Kingdoms and Cambria pura (Kemr byr) occured in 829
when the united forces of the Kernowmen and the Chomro routed Ethelfirth of
Wessex.  (*Here* he defeated a combined army of Celts and Vikings.)

*There* Owain Glyndwr is remembered as the Father of the Cambrian Senate -
think Simon de Montford from a hundred years earlier *here*.  This is
subject to research on the earlier independant princes of Wales *here*.

Padraic has suggested to me that the grammar needs a description on
reflexive nouns in Brithenig.  Suggestions welcome.

We have also been discussing the role of the Cos Nustr/Chois Nustoer in
Kemrese society - but I'll let him speak on that.

- andrew.