Re: Modern History and the Brzhona, etc.

Good mooorning. everyyybodyyy!

Time to catch up running.  (Weekends I don't usually look at email)

Some Observations:

In my opinion Padraic stopped to early in tracing back the cause of events
leading up to the Cold War.  Behind the founding fathers of the United
States are the Pilgrim Fathers (but not without any Pilgrim Mothers - or
where did the Pilgrim Kiddies come from - No let's not go into that).  But
the Thanksgiving story seems to meet to be an important part of the
Origen Myths of America.  In early modern Great Britain *there* there was
religious dissent in all three kingdoms.  Where did these lollards and
reformers go after the reformation failed at a national level, and after
they lost the British Wars of Religion, alongside High Tory monarchs who
waver between tolerance and harrasment?  It is these people who are
attracted to settled in the new commonwealths and colonies on the Atlantic
coast, at least to some degree.

I should also like to point out that China does not necessarily need to be
communist.  Check out the essay "The Xin Dynasty of 1916?" at
http://pages.prodigy.com/VBDS39A/althis.htm.

Well that's my spiel for monday morning.  My appologies to everyone else,
I find AltHist as interesting as AltLang.  Bear with us.

- andrew.

Andrew Smith                                  <hobbit@earthlight.co.nz>

MAN, despite his artistic pretensions, his sophistication, and his many
accomplishments; still owes his existence to a six-inch layer of topsoil
and the fact that it rains.
							   - Anonymous