Re: Modern History and the Brzhona, etc.

> Good mooorning. everyyybodyyy!

Good morning!

> Time to catch up running.  (Weekends I don't usually look at email)

It's Sunday afternoon at my end of the world :-)

> Some Observations:
>
> In my opinion Padraic stopped to early in tracing back the cause of events
> leading up to the Cold War.  Behind the founding fathers of the United
> States are the Pilgrim Fathers (but not without any Pilgrim Mothers - or
> where did the Pilgrim Kiddies come from - No let's not go into that).  But
> the Thanksgiving story seems to meet to be an important part of the
> Origen Myths of America.  In early modern Great Britain *there* there was
> religious dissent in all three kingdoms.  Where did these lollards and
> reformers go after the reformation failed at a national level, and after
> they lost the British Wars of Religion, alongside High Tory monarchs who
> waver between tolerance and harrasment?  It is these people who are
> attracted to settled in the new commonwealths and colonies on the Atlantic
> coast, at least to some degree.

That is a good point.

> I should also like to point out that China does not necessarily need to be
> communist.  Check out the essay "The Xin Dynasty of 1916?" at
> http://pages.prodigy.com/VBDS39A/althis.htm.

I will read it after this.  But:  I think we've established the existence
of the USSR.  Would China under the Xin Dynasty be an opposing force to
Ivan the way the US is, or the way the PRC is, *here*?

> Well that's my spiel for monday morning.  My appologies to everyone else,
> I find AltHist as interesting as AltLang.  Bear with us.

Actually, I've noticed that of all my langs, Brzhonegh and Vranian have
gone the furthest, because there is something there to back it up.  With
Brzhonegh we have this, and with Vranian we have *here* our (quite real)
country.  Both serve a purpose.  I'd say that AltHist/ConHist is, at least
in my experience, important for building a language.

-------ferke
Ferenc Gy. Valoczy

                      Es to pilni'gi noliedzu!

personal page: http://www.geocities.com/SoHo/Museum/7482/