Re: Spoken Conlangs

On Thu, 26 Mar 1998, John Cowan wrote:

> Andrew Smith wrote:
>
> > (you should have read the fun we had talking about a flag for
> > the Kemrese nation!)
>
> So we would have, if you had put it on the list and tagged it
> CELT.  Has anybody archived all this Brithenig stuff?  If so,
> I at least would be very interested in seeing it.

It was fun.  I think we ended up with a couple of crosses, an image of St.
David on a hill, a silver dove and a rampaging dragon all on a blue
background.  The situation has never been resolved, and has probably
spurred the growth of several fundamentalist movements favouring crowded
flags.  ;^)

The archive I have is on paper, and rather large; I don't know if any of
the others have it saved more conveniently.  My bet would be that Andrew
has it in a computer somewhere.  I also have a Brithenig-English/
English-Brithenig lexicon, a preliminary Brithenig grammar and a Kernu
grammar (with texts and lexicon).

> --
> John Cowan      http://www.ccil.org/~cowan              cowan@ccil.org
>         You tollerday donsk?  N.  You tolkatiff scowegian?  Nn.
>         You spigotty anglease?  Nnn.  You phonio saxo?  Nnnn.
>                 Clear all so!  'Tis a Jute.... (FW 16.5)

Padraic.