Re: More questions (was Re: General RFI)

On Mon, 18 May 1998, Geoff Eddy wrote:

> Anyway, to kick off another non-Brithenig thread, here's a few questions
> for everyone:
>
> - Do you know of such features in any constructed languages which are
> used in interesting or unusual ways?

One of the Latin based languages I did several years ago had several
classes of mutations.  It all depended on what the initial letter of the
word after the mutation was as to what form the actual mutation would
take.  I can't recall what the mutations were for, though.  I think it had
something to do with freeflowing connected speech; and the mutations must
have been some sort of bridgework betwixt the words.

> - On the subject of mutations, has anybody come up with a mutation
> system which works along different lines to the standard Celtic ones?

Since I don't _really_ understand the Celtic ones all that thouroughly, I
have the feeling that Kernu mutations may be off-center somewhat.

> Geoff
> --
>  [] My mission in life is to create original,    [] Geoff Eddy, in
> Edinburgh []
>  [] interesting and memorable .signature files.  []   (the one in
> Scotland)  []
>  [] Homepage is at http://www.cix.co.uk/~morven  []  as sdainireumh
> Anna...  []

Padraic.