Re: Piat (was: That was quick!)

On Mon, 27 Apr 1998, Raymond A. Brown wrote:

> The TM presumably would cover the area where my still unnamed Balkanlang is
> spoken.  (I seem to recall And suggested a name like 'Arxna' [OrLnO], where
> [L] is voiced version of Welsh {ll}, i.e. Zulu & Xhosa {dl} ). So where, I
> wonder, will that fit in?  I think not a third universe!
>
> >And Rosta and I have agreed that Piatland and Livagia share a universe,
> >and that it is still an open question whether Livagia and Kemr do
> >(I hope so, but I'm not sure the complications can be controlled).
>
> I'd forgotten Livagia.  Could you remind me where it is *Yonder* (if
> *Yonder* be not *There*)?
>
> >Of course, there could be Piat-speakers in both universes, just as
> >there are Swahili-speakers in both universes.

If we go by the list that And Rosta posted to Conlang then concultures
with some connection to Kemr include:

Livagia
Scunger/Tsunrcaa - where Tsxaah is spoken, but I'm not sure of where to
find information on it.
Piat
Elet Anta - clandestinely of course
neo-Tursanian - Ray, is this yours?
the Tepa?

- andrew.

Andrew Smith                                  <hobbit@earthlight.co.nz>

MAN, despite his artistic pretensions, his sophistication, and his many
accomplishments; still owes his existence to a six-inch layer of topsoil
and the fact that it rains.
							   - Anonymous