Re: Who we are, part VIII

On Sat, 25 Apr 1998, Padraic Brown wrote:

> > How do you pronounce Brythenig?  I'm guessing "Brittany."  !!!G
>
> Hm.  That's a good question.  My guess would have been ['brIthenIg], but
> if they're famous for chopping off bits, then ['britheni] might do.
> When the Kernow aren't otherwise pronouncing it [seja 'mista 'rista], they
> pronounce it properly as ['brIthenex]. ;^)

I usually pronounce it ['brIthenIg], not sure if that's the correct stress
though.

My cat never seems to noticeably shed, but I'm heading into a mild autumn
in nz.

- andrew.

Andrew Smith                                  <hobbit@earthlight.co.nz>

MAN, despite his artistic pretensions, his sophistication, and his many
accomplishments; still owes his existence to a six-inch layer of topsoil
and the fact that it rains.
							   - Anonymous