Re: Who we are, part VIII

On Fri, 24 Apr 1998, John Cowan wrote:

> So:  Sarra di lla Gafurn?

I did wonder if Caves might be short for Cave's son, a patrinomic, which
could have the alternative name Sarra mab Gafurn.

I was at Iewan's website last night, while I didn't have the address for
the Brithenig Archives, I did look at the essential descriptions (which
are really fun and worth looking at again) and I worked out one for
Brithenig:

Brithenig is essentially bad Italian spoken by Welsh who swallow the final
syllables.

I'm quite pleased with that.

While I won't stop discussing Brithenig at Celticonlang, which I do start
(no mail yet), I still would like to maintain the Sessiwn for a thorough
discussion of Brithenig in its alternative context.

I haven't made a hard copied grammar of Brithenig yet, but people are
welcome to print the Brithenig web page.  The web page is overdue for
another update of material so I will announce that when it is done.  If
people would rather I printed it for them I can do so and mail it to them
when I am in the financial position to do so.  (As some of you may know I
am an unemployed person - who just did financial surgery on his wallet for
a breadmaker, a good buy - and the NZ government is just announcing work
for the benefit, shudder).

Well it's Anzac Day today, the day Australians and New Zealanders
commemorate their war dead and its effect of their lives, go peacefully.

- andrew.

Andrew Smith                                  <hobbit@earthlight.co.nz>

MAN, despite his artistic pretensions, his sophistication, and his many
accomplishments; still owes his existence to a six-inch layer of topsoil
and the fact that it rains.
							   - Anonymous