Re: Ill Dragun Rhys

On Sun, 12 Apr 1998, John Cowan wrote:

> Perhaps Ill Dragun Rhys could be set off from Y Ddraig Goch, and the
> rules of heraldry saved, by a thin gold border around the lower half
> of the dragon, thus preventing color-on-color anywhere.

That might work.  The alternative I was speculating on was using a red
saltire on a nonwhite background to distinguish it from S. Patrick's
saltire, say gold; since the idea that the red saltire from the Federal
Jack might be the Kemrese flag won Ray's amusement.  Ill Cryg Badonig, the
Cross of Mount Badon, traditionally claimed to by the emblem worn by the
Chomro at the Battle of Mons Badon.

Can anyone tell me what the motto on the Welsh arms is (*Here*)?

- andrew.

Andrew Smith					<hobbit@earthlight.co.nz>

MAN, despite his artistic pretensions, his sophistication, and his many
accomplishments; still owes his existence to a six-inch layer of topsoil
and the fact that it rains.
							   - Anonymous