Re: The Federated Kingdoms

Padrig Bryn yscrifef:

> Now, do we have to add the fleur-de-lis, St. George's cross and the all
> those Scottish lions, etc. to the F.K. flag?  ;^)

Not so bad.  *There*, James I of England (and VI of Scotland) had
his royal standard with the English and Scottish arms only (no harp in
the lower-left corner).  The F.K. flag is founded on this standard, but
there are actually three variants of it, depending on which Kingdom
(or dependency thereof, or ship thereof) you are in, as follows:

	In England, the upper-left and lower-right quarters are the
	English red-on-yellow lion; the upper-right quarter is the
	triple yellow-on-red Scottish lions; the lower-left quarter
	is Ill Dragun Rhys on the white/green background.

	In Scotland, the Scottish lions in upper-left and lower-right
	quarters, England in upper-right, Cambria still in lower-left.

	In Cambria, Ill Dragun in upper-left and lower-right, Scotland
	in upper-right, England in lower-left.

(Forgive me that I don't know enough heraldry to blazon these properly.)
Besides these each Kingdom flies its own flag as well.  There is no
distinction in the F.K. between the royal and national flags, and
therefore no *direct* analogue to the Union Jack.

> Which, the Bogs or the Irish (or both)?

The former.

> If enough Irish left their Bogs, became Kemrese and started speaking
> Britheing; then I suppose it would have to be so.

Right.  But plenty of them learned Brithenig (language of the Hated
Oppressor, now partially forgiven) on their native soil, though it
never took over *There* as English has *Here*.

Question: do the Stuarts reign still in England and Scotland, or does
Se'amus a Chaca get the National Order of the Boot *There* as well,
and get replaced by those bloody Germans?

--
John Cowan					cowan@ccil.org
		e'osai ko sarji la lojban.