Re: Stress accent?

Padrig Bryn yscrifef:

> I thought the rhotic dialects retained the -r.  Your cantar doesn't seem
> to have one -- or have I got it all backwards?  (It won't be the first
> time!)

I said I spoke a rhotic dialect *of English* --- to wit, General
American.  But that's neither here nor these, except as an explication
of my linguistic esthetics.

We have it on the authority of the home page that these "-r"s
aren't pronounced in Modern Brithenig.  So, the question before
the house is, is it:

	CANTARE > [kan 'tar] > [k@n 'ta]

or

	CANTARE > [kan 'tar] > ['kan t@r] > ['kan t@]

I find the second sequence phonetically more plausible.

--
		Clear all so!  'Tis a Jute.... (FW 16.5)