My pleasure in Brithenig

...comes chiefly from being able to read it with the help of
Andrew's interlinears and my small Latine (and less Greeke...).*
Because it *looks* so Welsh, while *being* so Romance, I get
the feeling that I am reading Welsh with understanding, although
I have no Welsh at all!

But now I find that writing is almost as interesting.
Of course, to discover (better word than "invent", I think)
B. vocabulary properly requires a better understanding of
B. sound changes than I currently have.  I will need to
pore over the grammatical sketch (and the vocab list) and
try to see just what's going on.

Meanwhile, these two links have been helpful:

http://www.cs.brown.edu/fun/welsh/LexiconForms.html (Welsh lexicon)
http://hermes.arts.cuhk.edu.hk/Lexis/Latin/ (Latin lexicon)

*I can't resist sharing with y'all one of the most crashing
rhetorical self-deprecations I've ever seen, from the intro
to one of Northrop Frye's books on the Bible and literature:

"I am not a Biblical scholar, and anyone who was one would
say of my Hebrew and Greek what Samuel Johnson said of Milton's
'Tetrachordon' sonnets (with far less justice), that
'the first was contemptible, and the second, not excellent.'"

--
		Clear all so!  'Tis a Jute.... (FW 16.5)