Re: A certain town in Kemr...

On Tue, 31 Mar 1998, John Cowan wrote:

> While consulting my (alas!) not-overly-detailed map of Kemr and
> the Federated Kingdoms today, I found the following, um, interesting
> village name:

I believe the Federated Kingdoms exist but I have never found out when it
came into being.  Glad to know other people are aware of it.  Forward the
FK!
> Pluifairllagunblancoryllentiustillrhebiddgurchpluitysiliocafurnrhys
>
> [detailed explication deleted]
>
> # Mary's parish [by] the white hazels' pool, quite close to the rapid
> # whirlpool [by] Tysilio's parish [which has] a red cave.
> #
Some of these words I don't recognise.  Some details on the words, and
their etymology, would be helpful so I can update the wordlist at
homepage.

- andrew.

Andrew Smith                                  <hobbit@earthlight.co.nz>
Life is short, so am I...