Re: The Morning Invocation

On Sat, 18 Oct 1997, Peter C. Skye wrote:

> Bless you, Andrew, for this masterful translation!  I haven't gone over it
> with a fine tooth comb but at first blush it seems gloriously poetic.  Two
> questions do pop into my mind:  is -n to be the new plural ending thereby
> replacing mutation as a plural marker?  does Dew translate gods alone or
> does it include goddesses?

-n should always be used as a plural marker, a plural article or adjective
also causes mutation.  Dew includes gods as well as goddesses, it's one of
a small group of words that by a simple change of articles and pronouns
changes gender, ill dew/lla ddew.

As for your work on New Cambria, you might like to consider New-Gemr as a
proper name, similar to the French Nouvelle-Zelande, New Zealand.  I've
also made an adjustment to the Brithenig wordlists on my homepage, Kemran
for Kemres which I think has better historicity derived from latin
cambriensis.

> P.S.  Should I now forward my Brithenig correspondence to Padraic?

Please do.

I have also added one new name to this list as you may notice in the
addresses above: Ray Brown from the Conlang List who has been helpful in
the development of Brithenig and its grammar, including the new plural -n.
Ray has agreed to sit in with us and I hope he will continue to be of
assistance in the development of this language.  Benwenid, Padrun!

- andrew.