Re: Introductions.

Hey Padraic,  welcome to the Brithenig bunch.  Why did I get into this?
Well, you're talking to a Druid-in-training, so one more eccentric pursuit
isn't so odd!  As it turns out, I was in the process of writing a James
Michener-esque novel about a country I had invented and situated in the
South Atlantic.  I had intended these people to be Celts, and was in the
process of inventing a language for them -- actually I was attempting to
"evolve" Welsh!  But I had had little experience of constructing languages,
and it didn't take much to realize I lacked both the commitment and genius
necessary for such an undertaking.  It was at that time that I came across
Brithenig and Andrew.

Yes, Andrew did tell me of your work on Kernu.  I am very interested in
Kemran dialects, because the people of Kemr New (New Cambria, 1000 miles
north of the Falklands) migrated from their British homeland in the early
1600s and their dialect developed somewhat independently.  Some notable
features of Kemran New are words stressed on the ultimate syllable
[asset>assett]; the replacement of ll with l in word-initial positions; the
development of nasal vowels before n; the as-yet incomplete replacement of
dd with z; the appearance of the suffix -ig to create informal adjectives
from nouns [cach (shit) > cachig (shitty)]; the softening of the sound ch
from a Spanish to a French pronunciation; &c.

I'm glad there are enough of us to make serious use of Andrew's genius!

Peter