Re: American dialect of Brithenig

On Tue, 3 Aug 1999, Padraic Brown wrote:

> There's been some discussion on some radio programmes as to why this has
> not happened.  The moon trip itself seems to have been credited to a)
> JFK's stirring exhortation b) rapid technological development and c) US
> vs. USSR coldwar rivalry.  The lack of everything else has been credited
> to a) no strong President exhorting the nation b) "been there done that"
> attitude on the part of the country.

the people who control the purse strings have not been very helpful
either.

I'm not sure if the equivalent of the European Space Agency *there* would
have pushed the exploration of space any further than the equivalent of
the National Aeronautics Space Administration has here.

> Should it?  We in Ter Mair only have "hurrah" in songs (When Johnny comes
> marching home again, hurrah!, hurrah!"  Some say "huzzah!": is that close
> enough?  :)

I was thinking of "A Trans-Atlantic Tunnel, ......!"

- andrew.
--
Andrew Smith, Intheologus 			hobbit@earthlight.co.nz