Re: American dialect of Brithenig

Sally Caves scripsit:

> Now this piques my curiosity!  What is the history of the colonization
> of America in the Brithenig universe?  Where is New Castreleon, and
> Ter Mair?  What does the continent look (and sound) like today?
> My apologies if these questions have been answered before.

New York and Maryland respectively.  New Scotland (Nova Scotia) speaks
Scots, obviously; the other colonies are basically English-speaking
except for New Sweden (Delaware) which uses Swedish, Irish, and English.

The (Solemn) League (and Covenant) of North America is a multilingual
federation, independent of the various British Parliaments but still
loyal to the Monarchs of Kemr and England/Scotland.

--
       I am a member of a civilization. --David Brin