Doraya to Brithenig

Conceding to the will of my fellow-translators I give my own contribution:

First Adam sent me this,

Ele' avai ana yasa sae aidor
Ele' avai ae lisora umai sae uninfuis ke lityrsa
Ele' avai ae aidor dio-ku-buna sae indor ae likidor
Ui li'aidor ui inda radya ini'ta'eresar sae

I sent Carlos this,

Ill gran ugell, can ys cant sew gantiwn;
Ugell lla afon, can ys erig' sew blyf in lla fryf;
Ugell lla gantiwn, can ys llodd llo h-ystuil di'll noeth
Lla gantiwn, affos llo rhewleir thud ascalltant a lle.

a       to
affos   then
afon    river (f)
asculltar       to listen
bryf    mist
can     when, relative adverb
cantar  to sing
cantiwn song (f)
erigiar to ruffle (which was the new word I had to find)
gran    great
ill, lla, llo   definite article: m, f, pl
in      in
lle     third person indirect object
lloddar to praise
noeth   night (m)
plyf    feathers (f)
rhewleir        ruler (m)
sew     one's own
tud     all
ugell   bird (m)
ys      he
ystuil  star (f)

A translation,
The great bird, when he sings his song;
The bird of the river, when he ruffles his feathers in the mist;
The bird of the song, when he praises the stars of the night;
The song, then all the rulers listen to it.

In hindsight I would probably made the translation more natural with a bit
more thought, but this is what I sent.

Interlinear,
Ill   gran  ugell can  ys cant         sew      gantiwn
def.m great bird  when he sing.pres.sg ref.poss S-song

Ugell           lla   afon  can  ys erig'          sew      blyf
(the) bird (of) def.f river when he ruffle.pres.sg ref.poss S-feathers

in lla   fryf
in def.f S-mist

Ugell         lla   gantiwn can  ys llodd          llo    h-ystuil
(the)bird(of) def.f S-song  when he praise.pres.sg def.pl H-star

di'll    noeth
of-def.m night

Lla   gantiwn affos llo    rhewleir thud  asculltant          a  lle
def.f S-song  then  def.pl ruler    H-all listen.pres.3rd.pl. to 3.ind.obj

S- soft mutation
H- aspirant mutation

Phonetically (just for fun!)
IK gran UdZe:K kan Is ka:nt sEu gantiu:n
UdZe:K Kaavo:n kan Is Eri:dZ sEu bli:(v) in Ka vri:(v)
UdZe:K Ka gantiu:n kan Is Ko:D Ko histui:l diK no:T
Ka gantiu:n afos Ko r.eulei:r Tu:d askuKta:n a KE

I'm not sure how to mark the aspirated trill in the last line, but that is
what r. is supposed to be.

- andrew.

Andrew Smith, Intheologus                       hobbit@earthlight.co.nz

        Lo! thy dread empire, Chaos! is restored;
        Light dies before thy uncreating word:
        Thy hand, great Anarch! lets the curtain fall;
        And Universal Darkness buries All.
                        - Alexander Pope, The Dunciad, Book IV.