Re: [conculture] CHAT: The centre of the temporal universe, was Translation relay

From: Nik Taylor <fortytwo@ufl.edu>

John Cowan fakaltina'tas:
> Yes.  It is the majority language in Pennsylvania, but most people
> speak English too.  The Brithenig-speaking colonies are
> New Castreleon (New York, *here*) and Ter Mair (Maryland, *here*);
> in New Scotland they speak Scots, obviously.

Scots is still a major language in that timeline?  So, Scots isn't
considered a dialect of English in that timeline?

> The Jerseys (East and West)

East and West Jersey?  Do they occupy the same territory as our New
Jersey?

> New Sweden (Delaware) uses English, Swedish, and Irish.

Cool, so Irish is spoken in North America?  Is there anywhere on the Net
I can access a description of this timeline's history?  Seems that there
must be a great difference between our timeline and their timeline if
Irish is still a major language.

--
Yawíntasva natabí, plansafí nlakúsi - Kassí proverb
The boy dies giving birth to the man