Re: CHAT: con-this'n'that

At 4:07 pm -0400 14/5/99, From
Http://Members.Aol.Com/Lassailly/Tunuframe.Html wrote:
>Dans un courrier daté du 14/05/99 20:34:04  , vous avez écrit :
>
><< Umm - Queen of France?  Maybe those words apocryphally ascribed to
> Queen Marie Antoinette *here* were really uttered *there* by Queen
> Diana of France:
> "Qu'ils mangent de la brioche!"
>
> Ray. >>
>
>Another great opportunity for beheading a monarch - and an Anglo-Saxon one on
>the top of that.

Oh no - *there* she was a _Plantagenet_ from what I've understood from the
alt-historians on this list, i.e. French  :)

I've imagined the Plantagenets *there* retaining their Norman French.

*Here* the last AngloSaxon monarch was Edward the Confessor(1042 - 1066).
I understand that *there* also, the Normans invaded our island and somehow
the Plantagenet dynasty, descendants of the ancient counts of Anjou,
established itself.  Only difference is that, for some reason, *there* the
Plantagenets still occupy the English throne.

Ray.

PS - we had the jelly/jam debate on Conlang a year or so back.  Look in the
archives if you're interested.