Re: CHAT: con-this'n'that

On Fri, 14 May 1999, John Cowan wrote:

> Andrew Smith wrote:
>
> > Okay, so who is the current Plantagenet?  Queen Diana the First?  I'm
> > joking!  Please don't take that option seriously!  Nooooooo...!

Oh dearie me.  I can see where this one is going even without the
precognition switched on.

> YES! YES! YES! YES!
>
> Make it so!
>
> Perfect!
>
> Diana Plantagenet was born in 1961, the eldest child of her mother,
> Queen Elizabeth Plantagenet, and her father, Prince Philip of
> Battenberg.  She assumed the Thrones of Westminster and Scone in 1997,
> when her mother abdicated in her favor, the first instance in Anglo-Scots
> history of a Queen Regnant succeeding another Queen Regnant.
>
> Commonly known as the "Queen of Hearts", she is much beloved by her
> subjects.  She has two children by her husband and second cousin,
> Charles, Duke of Edinburgh.

Off with his head!  Or was that another Queen of Hearts?  Gee, do we
_have_ to have Chuckles?  At least there won't be all that mess with the
car in the tunnel.

> Her style: Diana, First of that Name, by the Grace of God Queen of
> England, Scotland, and France [not really, but the French Republic
> doesn't care much these days], Empress of the Indies, Queen of America,
> Queen of Australasia, [insert Maori title here], Defender of the Faith,
> and Protector of the Weak.

They don't still have the Francorum bit *here* do they?  One would think
they'd tire of it.  Why "Australasia" and not "Australia"; or, accounting
the Maori bits, is it inclusive of NZ as well?

Padraic.