Re: class conlang project

On Fri, 9 Apr 1999, JOEL MATTHEW PEARSON wrote:

> Hi folks,
>
> As some of you know, I currently attempting to finish my PhD in
> linguistics at UCLA.  This quarter I'm the teaching assistant for a
> class called Honors 56, "Language as a Window on the Mind".

What an awesome sounding course!  I've only ever taken one linguistics
course, and I sure wish we had done this kind of project then.  It would
have clarified much, as well as provide a sort of hands on opportunity to
work out how languages go together.

Don't forget to point out this list to those students who show signs of
interest in conlanging.

Padraic.