Re: Country Related: Christmas

On Wed, 23 Dec 1998, Eric Christopherson wrote:

> Padraic Brown wrote:
>
> > Apart from which, there is _no_ USA over *there* to pollute the world with
> > some of its screwball ideas.  They've got screwball ideas go leor as it
> > is.
>
> There is no USA in the world where Kemr exists?

Yes, there is no USA.  The (sort of) USAish North American conglomerate
is, I believe, called the North American League or somesuch.  John Cowan
can probably expound at greater length, but I believe it's a confederation
of English, Scottish and Cambrian colonies that didn't _quite_ go as far
as saying "get stuffed" to the Motherland.  I think they are sovereign
states that recognise the various Monarchs.  Since the history *there* is
so different, there can not be a USA as we know it.  For good or ill.

> > > Anyway, my Lainesco greeting is "Felic' naida'" where c' is c-cedilla
> > > and a' is a-acute. It's pronounced /Pel'iS nai'Da/ where /P/ is
> > > bilabial F.
> > >

> > Now, I've not heard of Lainesco before.  What is it?  Thus far it seems
> > Romance...how does it fit in?  Any web page, etc.?
>
> Yes, it is Romance. It's pretty similar to the Iberian languages (
> It's basically Spanish with less consonants :D ), but I haven't worked
> out much yet. The web page is http://www.ticon.net/~eric/lainesco.html
>
> -Eric C.

I'll take a look, as this sounds pretty cool.

Padraic.